Saturday, December 26, 2009

Should've read the directions

I'm putting together one of those space-saving, over-the-toilet cabinets. I didn't read the directions because I was watching football. And, well, I thought I could handle it.

So nobody seeing this should be surprised that I installed a piece backward. A screw hole needed to tie the entire unit to the drywall faces forward.

Now I have to undo steps 3 through 9 in the instruction manual (which is actually quite simple to follow, much to my chagrin). It's only a 10-step assembly, so I'm basically starting over. At least it's an easy fix.

Or I could keep the cabinet freestanding, which means it WILL fall on someone's head at some point. But at least I'd then have more blog fodder.

2 comments:

  1. Good point. Photos would have helped. But cut me some slack; it's my first post.

    ReplyDelete