Saturday, January 9, 2010

Plastic cut

You've gotten a paper cut before, right? Last night, I got a paper cut from PLASTIC.

One of my Christmas gifts was acrylic display cases for some old Hess trucks I have. With the mirrored back piece and clear sides, these cases will really show off the collection nicely.

But as I removed the packing supplies, I sliced my knuckle on a fairly sharp corner. No worries -- I waited for the bleeding to stop and resumed unpacking the cases. The problem came today as I got dressed. Doing that reopened the wound, getting blood everywhere. (Oh, sorry ... hope you're not squeamish)

Here's the upside: I originally intended to mount the cases in a high-traffic hallway. I know now that location won't work: Either I or a houseguest (OK, just me) will invariably make contact with the case. And cleaning blood up just isn't fun. So the display cases will be relocated to another prominent location.

2 comments:

  1. That's not your first injury, is it? A scraped knuckle's kinda lame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, writing about a paper cut is a little stupid. Not my first injury though; probably not my last. Oh well...beer me!

    ReplyDelete