Thursday, March 25, 2010

The hard way

A quick note to readers of this blog: Please learn from my mistakes.

When adding this rug and this sofa to a room, it would be wise to place the rug *first,* then bring the sofa into the room. A college-educated adult shouldn't mess this up, but then there's me.



On a related note, make sure the furniture you buy fits into your HOME, not just its intended room. This 9x12' rug and massive sofa had to scale a flight of stairs only 35 inches wide *and* turn a corner.

Before bringing it in, I did measure the sofa -- a sectional -- to make sure it fit. Its smallest dimension is 38 inches, but the overstuffed padding squished down just enough. My movers still were NOT amused.

Make me feel better; share your brief moments of stupidity in the comments section.

2 comments:

  1. I once painted a bedroom without moving the furniture away from the walls because I thought I could keep everything neat. Guess who needed a new headboard after the room was painted?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon,

    Oh yeah, it's never good to overestimate your painting prowess. I've ruined some jeans that way, but never furniture.

    ReplyDelete