Monday, February 15, 2010

Aw...sheets

I have a queen bed, fairly plush, but by no means ridiculously oversized. I needed a set of sheets for said bed.

I went to Wal-Mart to buy their best sheets, figuring the best sheets from a discount store average out pretty well. I found a color and style I liked, and made sure the queen set hadn't been opened.

You probably know what's coming next... When I got home, I attempted to make the bed with my new sheets. There was no amount of stretching that would have gotten that fitted sheet onto my mattress.

[more after the break -- click below]


So I checked the packaging. Sheets fit 18" deep mattress, the packaging says. So I break out the ruler. Mattress is about 12-15" deep, the ruler says. The fitted sheet needed about another FOOT in length to fit my bed.

I crammed all the linens back into their original packaging (aside: Can anyone successfully do this and make the packaging look like new? Yeah, I didn't think so.) and returned the sheets to Wal-Mart, which took them back, no questions asked.

About a week later, I saw similar sheets at Target. These sheets only fit mattresses up to 17" deep, according to its packaging. But I figured I'd just have to return these if I encountered the same tiny bedding issue.

No need: These sheets fit my bed and look great to boot.

Moral of the story? I have no freakin' clue.

But at least I have new sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment